I’ll Tell You about My Biggest Failure, But First Let Me Tell You My Story
I was asked to speak on a panel about “Failing Forward.”
I started listing all of my failures. Soon I had filled up 3 pages and then I had a revelation.
My Biggest Failure in Life Was Believing What Other People Said About Me
I’ve been told that
- I’m not smart enough to start a business
- I don’t deserve to be in a loving relationship
- Nobody would want to read my book
But the Biggest Lie Was that I Couldn’t Qualify for Corporate Sponsors
I’ve been told that I couldn’t get sponsors because
- I didn’t have a big audience
- I don’t have enough experience
- My business was too small
Luckily, I didn’t believe the lie for very long. I had people who encouraged me and my first sponsors were Bank of America, Wal Mart and IBM. I haven’t stopped since.